Last Updated: August 11th, 2022
This Privacy Notice describes the privacy practices for the websites and mobile applications operated by CherryRoad Media, Inc. and its affiliates ( Cherry Road we, our us), and applies solely to the Personal Information (as defined below) that we collect and use relating to consumers and users.
This Privacy Notice is applicable to the publications, businesses, websites and mobile applications operated by CherryRoad Media, including the Media Property or application from which you accessed this Privacy Notice (our websites and mobile applications are collectively referred to as “Media Properties”). It also applies to the related online services that we provide through our Media Properties (the “Services”).
To the extent permitted by applicable law, by using the Media Properties and/or the Services and providing us with Personal Information (defined below), you agree to the practices described in this Privacy Notice and to the updates posted here from time to time.
To make sure you stay informed of all changes, you should check these policies periodically. Updates will be referenced by the “Last Updated” date shown above.
Personal Information and Personal Data Definition
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, unless a different definition is noted in a particular instance, “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, or is reasonably capable of being associated with an identified or identifiable natural person.
Personal Information for purposes of this Privacy Notice does not include your name, photo and/or other information about you included in news or editorial content.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of Personal Information about you as described below:
(A) Personal Information you provide to us,
(B) Personal Information we may automatically collect, and
(C) Personal Information we may receive from third parties.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us
In using our Media Properties or Services, you may provide us with Personal Information, which may include (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive):
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
- Demographic information such as birth date or gender;
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Payment and transaction information including credit or bank card information;
- Preferences for communications;
- Communications and opinions in chat rooms, message boards, forums, surveys, polls, and online forms;
- Communications relating to participation in our contests, promotions, or activities.
- Access to your geo-location (including through our mobile app) or to other data held on social media platforms and other software (for example, access to your contacts, calendar or photos);
- Photos and/or videos; and
- Any additional information that we describe to you, when we collect your data with your consent.
B. Personal Information We May Automatically Collect About You
Our Media Properties and Services may automatically collect certain Personal Information about you. This Personal Information may include (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive):
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, such as through your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Media Properties or Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Media Properties or Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Media Properties or using our Services;
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other Personal information;
- Geo-location information through the use of any of our mobile applications;
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or UDID); and
- Mobile application identification and behavior, use, and aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- If you sign up for text messaging, cookies or other tracking devices may be used to personalize your experience (for example, to send you personalized text message offers).
C. Personal Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Personal Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat ( SocialMedia Platforms), third party data providers, and sources providing publicly-available Personal Information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) for the purposes described in Section 3 below.
Personal Information we may access from Social Media Platforms may include, but is not limited to:
- Your Social Media Platform login information
- Your location data
- Your profile information
- Your list of contacts, friends or followers
- Certain Personal Information about your activities on the Social Media Platform
Please keep in mind that when you provide Personal Information to us on a third-party website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Personal Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform. Please review the privacy policies of the applicable third-party website or Social Media Platform for their privacy practices.
How We Use Personal Information
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Personal Information
We use and process your Personal Information for the following types of purposes (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive).
- To provide you with the Media Properties and Services, and related promotions, newsletters and information you request
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email, chat or text messages, and including alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications
- For billing and payment processing
- To deliver personalized advertising and content
- To fulfill contracts we have with you
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Media Properties and Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Media Properties and the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services
- To comply with our Terms of Service
- To perform analytics for business purposes and business intelligence, such as monitoring traffic to our Media Properties, counting ad impressions, and auditing legal and regulatory compliance
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Media Properties, products and Services, databases and other technology assets and our business, including preventing fraud, detecting security breaches and prosecuting violators
- To identify and repair errors in our Media Properties’ functionality
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which Personal Information we hold is among the assets transferred
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Personal Information and/or pursuant to your consent
If we decide to use the Personal Information for materially different purposes, we will update this Privacy Notice.
B. Disclosing Your Personal Information to Other Parties
We may disclose your Personal Information to other parties, including:
- Our affiliates
- Service providers, including our payment processor
- Advertisers, advertising technology companies, analytics companies and other third parties with whom we have business relationships
- Business partners, including those participating in contests, promotions or surveys
- Government regulators
- Our legal advisors and parties involved in a legal process
- To an entity involved in the sale of our business
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or Services we provide to you
In order to provide advertisements and content that are more relevant to you, we and our advertising and content providers may collect certain types of Personal Information when you use our Media Properties (such as, by way of example, your email, the IP address of your device, the identifier on your mobile device, or cookies stored on your device). We or our advertising and content providers may combine this information with other information we have, or that we collect through other sources, and may share the information we collect with third parties to provide interest based or targeted advertising. If you would like to opt out from this use, or for more information, please see below for more information.
If we decide to disclose Personal Information to additional categories of parties, we will update this Privacy Notice.
DO WE USE “COOKIES”?
Yes. Cookies, SDKs, tracking pixels and similar technologies are small files that a website or mobile application stores on your device that recognizes the user™s browser or device and captures and remembers certain information.
In general, we and our third-party providers and advertisers, use these technologies to optimize the functionality of the Media Properties, to help us understand how the Media Properties are used and to provide users with interest-based content or advertising based upon their browsing activities and interests.
In addition, you may opt out of certain interest-based advertising by using the following resources:
(a) You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
(b) You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
(c) You may opt-out of having your activity on our Media Properties and Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our Media Properties or Services may contain links to other websites, applications or services that are not owned or controlled by us, including links to Social Media Platforms, or may redirect you off our Media Property or away from our Services to other locations for information or other services. This Privacy Notice only applies to information collected by our Media Properties and Services. We are not responsible for the privacy and security practices of other websites, applications or social media platforms or the information they may collect (which may include IP address or device identifiers). You should refer to such third parties’ privacy policies on their sites to determine their respective privacy practices. Links to any other websites, applications, social media platform or content do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the linked website, application, Social Media Platform, and/or content.
We use commercially reasonable procedures and various technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features.
If you believe that your Personal Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, please promptly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
Your Personal Information may be stored, transferred to, and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. These countries may be outside the United States, and may have different data protection laws than in the United States.
AGGREGATE AND DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Media Properties and Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device ( Aggregate/De-Identified Information). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors, in our discretion.
CHILDREN™S ON-LINE PRIVACY INFORMATION
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information contact us at email@example.com with sufficient detail to enable us to delete that information from our databases.
We aim to adhere as closely as possible to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with those guidelines helps provide a site that is accessible to all people.
The Media Properties are scanned regularly to confirm that the site elements and the content are in compliance with WCAG 2.1 standards.
Despite our best efforts to allow adjustment to the Media Properties, there may still be pages or sections that are not fully accessible. We are constantly improving the accessibility of the site and the intent is to reach the optimal level of accessibility.
If you have discovered a page or element that does not allow access or have ideas that might help us improve access to any of the Media Properties, we would be happy to hear from you. Use the Contact link on any page or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated notice on our Media Properties and update the notice’s “Last Updated” date. Where permitted by applicable law, your continued use of our Website and/or Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Information described here, please contact us as provided below.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write us at: 6 Upper Pond Road, Second Floor, Parsippany, NJ 07054